HELP FROM BK OWNERS WITH SECOND STOVE INSTALL

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lsucet

Minister of Fire
May 14, 2015
San Ysidro, New Mexico
Hi to all, i will like some input from you guys related to which route to go with my second stove installation.

I am going to start remodeling the other part of the house soon and I will like to install another stove in that area for assistance to the BK Princess whenever get real cold. Based that i am spoiled with the BK burn time i am thinking on getting another but I am not going to be firing that stove unless gets real cold.

BK is taking care at this time 90% of my heating needs. With the remodeling i will create a better, more open floor plan plus making part of that area a little more tight. Maybe another BK is not necessary. i have two Englanders wood stove that are listed in my signature and they like new. I use both for for less than a season.lol.

Part of the remodeling is ripping an old fireplace that i sealed it and is not in use. Planning on insulate the whole wall to the highest R value possible and make a stone hearth covering like 3/4 of that wall with with 1-2 inches of gap between the actual wall and the stone wall to create some thermal mass plus decoration. I think the MADISON can be a good candidate for that install and i don't have to spend on another stove. I think the thermal mass of the stone wall can make the MADISON looks like is giving a better performance, but i will like the opinion of some of you with similar setups.

Any help will be appreciated.

Well, since you specifically want advice from Blaze King owners on this..... You should mash both Englanders down to about 24" tall using a forklift and a couple pallets of bricks, and then weld them together into a sturdy throne for your new Blaze King to sit upon, resting eternally in triumph upon the mangled corpses of its vanquished competitors.

Reactions: James02
What better thermal mass than that eh. LOL thats a good one.

Would this stove be going somewhere where you might want to actually see the fire or is a BK black box OK here too? ;lol

Would this stove be going somewhere where you might want to actually see the fire or is a BK black box OK here too? ;lol

A BK black box will be more than welcome and any part of the house and in general in my life.lol But based on, I already have those stoves and i will be only burning on it if gets real cold assisting the other BK black box , i think i can give a try. just asking for advice, I know some members should have similar setup. I just trying to find use for those stove. After all i don't want to sale them.

A BK black box will be more than welcome and any part of the house and in general in my life.lol But based on, I already have those stoves and i will be only burning on it if gets real cold assisting the other BK black box , i think i can give a try. just asking for advice, I know some members should have similar setup. I just trying to find use for those stove. After all i don't want to sale them.

I hope it was clear I'm just goofing around. Off hand you have the Englander and only need to run it 10% of the time I think I'd go with one of them and call it a day. Now if you think you'll be running it often then the BK may be easier to live with.

I hope it was clear I'm just goofing around. Off hand you have the Englander and only need to run it 10% of the time I think I'd go with one of them and call it a day. Now if you think you'll be running it often then the BK may be easier to live with.
I know you just goofing. is ok i didn't take it in a bad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.