Help. Harman p43 fuse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
If your electrician made the repairs you should be good. Use a good surge protector on the stove and have the board replaced.

Make sure he has a circuit board with him. That way you dont have to pay for 2 trips. I would stop at lowes/Home depot and get a plug in outlet tester. You plug it into outlet and it will illuminate different lights if there is a issue.

Reactions: Harmanizer
The light that is plugged into the outlet is working fine. Could it still have short?
The loose wire in your breaker box may have caused lots of damage to other items,also.It probably ruined the stove control board.They are cheap for this stove,buy one.

Reactions: Ssyko
The damage is done, now it’s time to recover.
It probably ruined the stove control board.They are cheap for this stove,buy one.

Reactions: Mt Bob
I want to confirm I replaced connections correctly on the distribution wires - white to white and black to blue? They were my first disconnect I got distracted by how tough they were getting apart and forgot to take a good look. It doesn’t say in the wiring diagram.

Of course ..... a cold snap comes when my baby is on the fritz. I miss my pellet stove so much. Even my kids are whining about it. I’ll keep you updated on my progress. Tested outlet. It lights up fine.

Attachments

• 9448AA4C-E02B-41B4-9B19-B51B2A99CDF2.png
    9448AA4C-E02B-41B4-9B19-B51B2A99CDF2.png
    56 KB · Views: 106
Power to your blower shouldn’t matter wich wires are connected as long as they are good connections

take a picture of anything you take apart as a reference. I do it all the time..

Reactions: Ssyko
The damage is done, now it’s time to recover.

I’m cautiously optimistic ... new circuit board is in. We have a fire. Lit up quite quickly. I cleaned out the distribution blower while I had the stove pulled from the wall. There was quite a bit of dust collecting. I also invested in a quality surge protector. I want to give it a bit more time before I am truly convinced we are good. Time will tell. A big thank you to everyone here who helped me get through this. The holiday season is a horrible time to have so many things go wrong with the house ... you are all very knowledgeable and that is truly appreciated! I hope that someday I can help someone out on these boards.

Ps I am considering a second career as a pellet stove repair person. Ha although it’s not likely to happen I really enjoyed working on it. Just not the stress of it being broken. Must be in my blood since my father repaired aircraft in the Air Force and printing presses after his service.

Attachments

• CBF6047E-589E-4F65-B9EA-FDA26505990B.jpeg
    CBF6047E-589E-4F65-B9EA-FDA26505990B.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: jp99 and Harmanizer
I’m cautiously optimistic ... new circuit board is in. We have a fire. Lit up quite quickly. I cleaned out the distribution blower while I had the stove pulled from the wall. There was quite a bit of dust collecting. I also invested in a quality surge protector. I want to give it a bit more time before I am truly convinced we are good. Time will tell. A big thank you to everyone here who helped me get through this. The holiday season is a horrible time to have so many things go wrong with the house ... you are all very knowledgeable and that is truly appreciated! I hope that someday I can help someone out on these boards.

Ps I am considering a second career as a pellet stove repair person. Ha although it’s not likely to happen I really enjoyed working on it. Just not the stress of it being broken. Must be in my blood since my father repaired aircraft in the Air Force and printing presses after his service.
all finger crossed here...:):):):)

Great , looks good..Cautiously optimistic it is...And on another note, I kind of wonder what happened on the board to cause it to short circuit..

They had a loose connection in the house breaker panel,and they also lost several other electronic items.

Great , looks good..Cautiously optimistic it is...And on another note, I kind of wonder what happened on the board to cause it to short circuit..

I looked over the circuit board - there is no obvious signs of anything wrong. I thought I would find something fried or even see were the metal was not connecting properly. I don’t really know what to do with it now. Too bad it can’t be fixed by harman. A shame just to toss such an expensive component.

Anyway ... stove is still running. The only real worry in the back of my head is the ignitor. While I am 99% sure that short in the electrical box was the culprit, I still worry about the ignitor blowing the fuse or circuit board. I have read that some people put the ignitor on a separate fuse. Right now I don’t want to mess with anything. I switched the stove over to manual ... it’s cold enough now to let it just slow down when it reaches the desired temperature. I have no reason to believe anything is really wrong with the ignitor it is just a worry because now know it can cause similar issues. The stove did start right up beautifully and quickly so I hope all is ok.

Put it in a safe place and maybe get it repaired and have a spare

Good to hear it's running correctly. IMO good idea to just let it slow down to low instead of shutting down and use igniter..I would think the igniter would be on it's own fused circuit but then again ....

Typically the igniter just quits working. Very rarely burns the fuse. I would run it until it quits. Not a bad idea to have one on hand so you are ready.