HELP !!! Harman Pellet Pro 18 years old exhaust leak think its the fan?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mick40

Jan 21, 2009
Mass
Only ran for about 2 years out of the 18......This year the stove ran well then started to smell smoke and thought it was the pipe so I did the following;

A. Replaced pipe, cleaned carrage in exhaust Notice the carage had some play in it.

B. Once the pipe was replaced ran cold checked for leaks did detect air from around the elect exhaust motor and just thought it was the motor cooling fans. However on start up smell smoke.

Replacing the motor looks easy which is usually not the case.......Does this look like it could be the problem? Is gas running by the shaft of the blower? Can I get a fan / blower from grainier?

Thanks, just found this site wish I found it years ago!

Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.