Help! I cant get chimney pipe.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bapa323

Jan 21, 2022
Tower City Pa
I have installed my Vermont Castings Encore DIY. The install went perfectly. No issues. I have had a huge problem getting my chimney pipes.
I am using duratech 6" SS pipe. I've ordered the pipe 3 times (two sections of 48" SS pipe)
All 3 times the pipes arrived damaged.
Where can I buy this pipe that will pack them properly to avoid shipping damage?
It's been a month now and I'm getting extremely frustrated.

20221017_143038.jpg 16669849810484745944814463859875.jpg

I have installed my Vermont Castings Encore DIY. The install went perfectly. No issues. I have had a huge problem getting my chimney pipes.
I am using duratech 6" SS pipe. I've ordered the pipe 3 times (two sections of 48" SS pipe)
All 3 times the pipes arrived damaged.
Where can I buy this pipe that will pack them properly to avoid shipping damage?
It's been a month now and I'm getting extremely frustrated.

View attachment 301555 View attachment 301556
CALL northline express and ask them to ship it in a bigger box with the proper packing.
I had zero issues with northline express, however that means nothing if your local carrier is full of careless mouth breathers.
You are only about 3 hours away from one of their distribution centers. Their prices are the best too. I received all of my stuff in flawless condition.

Reactions: Bapa323
Northline was who I bought from the first time. Received crushed pipes.
Amazon was 2nd try. Again, crushed pipe.
3rd try was eFireplace Store. Also crush damage.

Northline was who I bought from the first time. Received crushed pipes.
Amazon was 2nd try. Again, crushed pipe.
3rd try was eFireplace Store. Also crush damage.
are they all coming from UPS by chance?
I would call some place and explain your issue. I know it is easier to return via Amazon though, but try calling Northline or Efireplace store and explain the issue. It's not the seller doing it, it's Undead Product Smash doing it.

Yes UPS is the carrier. Fireplace store has had the best customer service so far. They immediately shipped replacement parts while they file a claim with the carrier.
It's killing me not being able to use our stove.

Yes UPS is the carrier. Fireplace store has had the best customer service so far. They immediately shipped replacement parts while they file a claim with the carrier.
It's killing me not being able to use our stove.
Yes my experience with them was great they have nice knowledgeable people. I was worried about North line because they have a bad rep from customer reviews for various things. Mostly some of the cheap stuff they sell. Working with them was A plus though for my experience. I sent back pipe I couldn't use the issued a refund and provided a free return label.

I bought mine from Lowes, they had some in stock and some they ordered. I did get one ordered piece with a small dent, it's outside on the roof barely visible and they discounted it 1/2 price.

Dents is the only reason I go to Lowes and pick good ones off the shelf. The heavy “pack” type chimney has enough weight to damage itself when it drops or falls on something. The light triple wall Dura-Plus never gets damaged because it has no weight to it.

Honestly dura needs to pack their pipe better. I don't buy much of their product but when I do damage is pretty common. And it's coming from the same place our other pipe does with the same carrier.

Well I just had to send a pipe I ordered back and now the second one came in damaged also. I spoke to a local Heart Store and they said they have the same problem if they order 1 piece which is why they wait and order by the pallet load so an LTL carrier brings it. One thing I did notice was there is an ebay seller that sells damaged pipes, I guess he's buying the returns and selling them.

Well I just had to send a pipe I ordered back and now the second one came in damaged also. I spoke to a local Heart Store and they said they have the same problem if they order 1 piece which is why they wait and order by the pallet load so an LTL carrier brings it. One thing I did notice was there is an ebay seller that sells damaged pipes, I guess he's buying the returns and selling them.
I have finally got 2 sections of class A pipe that were round enough to use.
All I need now is some cold air. It was 72 deg here yesterday! 😥

I have finally got 2 sections of class A pipe that were round enough to use.
All I need now is some cold air. It was 72 deg here yesterday! 😥
Sunday it drops. 40’s days 20’s overnight. Enjoy!