HELP!! I need instructions (for a Vermont Castings Gas log, wonderfire)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maico

Dec 8, 2006
I recently bought a Vermont Castings Wonderfire gas log (gas fire?) model 5179 VCSO - it is a 24" - it came new in the box with everything except the instruction manual. I desperately need an instruction manual or guidance of some type. I have not idea how the logs are to be arranged on it or how to install it. The base part with all the plumbing is assembled. Any help anyone could give me with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You also need a plumber or Gas fitter and a gas permit

A friend of mine works for a company that installs / repairs items like this so that is not an issue - I need an instruction manual to help out and a picture of how the logs should be arranged more than anything right now.

I dont know this product, but if its a regular vented gas log the arrangement doesnt matter. If its a vent free log then it matters alot. If its vented, there is usally a front and back log that sits on the grate, and the top logs arrange however you want them to. I couldnt find a manual online, so mabey someone here can help.

then you better get the manual. Log placement is CRITICAL.
Make sure it works if its not brand new. they are typically disposable. You cant get parts for vent free's very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.