Help ID fireplace insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zmender

Feeling the Heat
Dec 27, 2021
CT
Hello all! Finally joining after lurking for couple of months :)

Earlier this year we moved to Guilford CT and we had inherited a woodstock fireplace insert. The stove works great and with reasonably dry wood, lasts 4-6 hours per load and I've managed to keep fire going since 12/23, always building up from coals in the morning...

One issue with the insert is the blower fan. Even with setting at low, it has a deathly rattle that can be heard in the entire house. Could y'all help me ID'ing either the stove or the fan unit? Would love to get more heat out of the fire.

Thanks

tempImage947O48.png tempImagep9YywJ.png

The problem most likely is that the fan's squirrel cages are very dirty, throwing the fans out of balance. Can you figure out how to remove them for cleaning?

I have not heard of a Woodstock fireplace insert and am not sure who made this one.

Reactions: begreen