Help identify this stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chris88

Mar 22, 2017
Andrews N.C.
Hello I'm new around here and I would like to ask you guys for a little help! I just recently bought this stove but I can't find any info on it, maybe you guys can help me! It appears to be built just like a fisher, but the door says at the top "The Frontiersman" and at the bottom of the door it says American Heritage Stoves Inc. When I try to search this I come up with nothing. It appears to be a good solid stove, except for the face someone welded the dampers closed but that should be a easy fix. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

20170322_193107.jpg 20170322_193201.jpg 20170322_193142.jpg 20170322_193123.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your reply! I also found American Heritage Fireplace online, so I called and spoke with them! I told them all about the stove and the name on it, the gentleman told me it was not there stove and American Heritage Stoves Inc. Must be a different company! I ask him if it was possible that the two company's may merged or bought one another out or anything like that and he said no that there has never been any sort of merge between the two. After cleaning the door up a bit more I did find a "pats applied for" stamp on the left side of the door and a "b" stamped into the right side of the door.

Obviously a Papa Bear clone. "Patent applied for" now that's funny.
I find no patent records on it, but then what else is there to patent when a identical stove exists.
If there is no baffle in it, put one in. See the baffle thread in the Fisher Forum.