Help Identifying Older Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

leslie15

Sep 14, 2020
Northern Idaho
Hi, I found this stove and can't seem to figure out what the brand/model is... if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping to figure out what blower to attach to the back. Thanks
IMG_20200914_084435819.jpg

A picture of the back would help for blower connection. You can see what is available on Woodman’s parts plus website. The higher the cfm the better, and invest in a variable speed switch so when the fire is low you can slow it down. Overnight 1/2 to 3/4 speed is much quieter and moves almost as much air as full speed which is much louder.

The guy who designed the double door stove for fire viewing was Jake Jackson, who was a Fisher licensed fabricator. He went on to make Frontier Stoves, many others copied. This a clone of his.
The Fisher Forum will help with other questions, being very similar to their Fireplace Series.

A picture of the back would help for blower connection. You can see what is available on Woodman’s parts plus website. The higher the cfm the better, and invest in a variable speed switch so when the fire is low you can slow it down. Overnight 1/2 to 3/4 speed is much quieter and moves almost as much air as full speed which is much louder.

The guy who designed the double door stove for fire viewing was Jake Jackson, who was a Fisher licensed fabricator. He went on to make Frontier Stoves, many others copied. This a clone of his.
The Fisher Forum will help with other questions, being very similar to their Fireplace Series.
Thanks! I will take a picture of the back... I figured it was a clone of some kind.

That takes a single wheel blower such as this; Amazon product ASIN B0099BQGHM
You probably won’t find anything that bolts directly up to those holes, so anything larger can be drilled and mounted with self taping screws. The hole on stove back can easily be cut larger as needed.

Speed controls are available hard wired, or plug in for motors.

Here’s a 265 cfm if you need to move air across a larger area.

Amazon product ASIN B000BULTKO
Just remember the more air they move, the louder they get. But size it correctly to the area. Not a big deal to open up the backplate inlet for a larger mount.

The hole on stove back can easily be cut larger as needed.

Speed controls are available hard wired, or plug in for motors.
Thanks for your quick reply and suggestions! I have two questions... 1) when you say the hole can be cut larger, are you suggesting that the stove can be cut? Not sure what else you mean...
And 2) so I assume from your comment above that speed controls are sold separately for the blowers you suggested as they didn't look like that was part of the ones you referred to.... so, should I be getting a speed control as well as a plug in separately because they are not included? (Sorry for all the simplistic questions, but thanks in advance for your answers). :cool:

You might consider making an expendable adapter plate to adapt the blower to the stove should fan hole size or bolt pattern ever change again.

Reactions: leslie15
Depending on your electrical skills, a rheostat is wired to the fan like a light dimmer made for motors. They are also sold as a plug in that plugs into wall or extension cord and motor plugs into it.

A adapter mounted to stove is one way, but will always be limited to the original size of the opening in stove back. So a larger housing is reduced in size reducing cfm. Measure thickness of back plate the blower housing attaches to for cutting instructions. Grinder, sawzall, cut off wheel, hand hacksaw blade, whatever you use to cut metal. Drill pilot holes to match housing.

Reactions: leslie15