Help identifying this stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty_60618

Aug 26, 2015
Dousman WI
hello everyone. We just bought a new house and are in the process of remodeling the floors. We are installing three-quarter inch hardwood and wondering what the requirements are on this brand of stove as far as distance from the wall and other safety features. Here are some pictures which may help to identify. The house is an old school house built in the 1920s however I believe this stove is probably from the 80s.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    477.8 KB · Views: 198
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    804.7 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    465.1 KB · Views: 160
Looks like someone tried to make himself a pizza oven or similar. It certainly looks like a custom job. You probably have to consider it to be an unlisted stove which means clearances of 36" to all sides with the option of reducing it down to 12" with appropriate wall shields. See here: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/stove_wall_clear

Check also with your local building inspector and your home insurance what their thoughts are. They will have final say about the installation requirements.

What are your goals for that stove? If you want to use it as (primary) heater I suggest looking for a modern stove and installing that one instead.

Looks like someone tried to make himself a pizza oven or similar. It certainly looks like a custom job. You probably have to consider it to be an unlisted stove which means clearances of 36" to all sides with the option of reducing it down to 12" with appropriate wall shields. See here: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/stove_wall_clear

Check also with your local building inspector and your home insurance what their thoughts are. They will have final say about the installation requirements.

What are your goals for that stove? If you want to use it as (primary) heater I suggest looking for a modern stove and installing that one instead.

Thanks for the info!

The stove will not be the primary heat source for the house however it will supplement heat to a 1000 square-foot great room. It does look like it can be cooked on. It is pretty big and heavy duty not sure how custom it is it looks pretty well put together. Here's some other pictures. Also wondering where I might be able To find a piece of glass to replace the cracked front door.

That thing is cool. Never have seen one like it personally. Clean it up and paint it. Is it a Denmark? I'll Google that and look. Probably fairly rare. Dunno...

I looked around some and found close to nothing. Only thing was Wood Heat 1987? A Kronborg 1 ????? You may have a very rare one there. I'd do some research on it. The description someone had fits how yours looks with the oven type deal and a storage drawer below. You may have to locate a 1987 Wood Heat magazine somewhere..... some how...

Pretty crazy not much could be found on the wild wild interwebz.. This really has me intrigued now. Anyone know anything at all out there? Maybe try the numbers on the thing. I'm lost as to finding anything about it but I do not think it is home made. Seems to resemble newer Danish styles except retro old school and you can tell it's older.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.