Help IDing a Wood Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdp1152

Minister of Fire
Oct 4, 2012
Massachusetts
Moved into a home last year and it had this wood boiler in the basement. The previous owner left a note that it was fully functional and was in use the year preceding our home purchase. I'm in the process of converting my home's heating system and looking to get rid of this boiler since we'll no longer be using radiant heat. Before listing on Craigslist, I'd like to know exactly what I have here. Your help is appreciated. The door is branded HydroHeat.

woodboiler.jpg
woodboiler.jpg

What are you changing your heating system to? Pretty hard to beat radiant heat IMO.

That unit is primarily a wood stove. Can't tell if it has a water jacket added or maybe a coil as mentioned. I wouldn't think you'd get too much for it - but ya never know.

I'm not really expecting to get much for it...would actually be willing to trade it for pick up and some wood. Here are a few more pics. This feeds into a 120 gallon water tank that has a heated wrap linked to a solar array. I'd happily part with all of it. I'm midway through conversion to a forced air geothermal system that I supplement with wood heat on the main floor via an insert (soon to be two). If this thread doesn't belong in the boiler forum, please feel free to move it over to the stove section. The previous owner referred to it as wood boiler is the only reason I placed in here.

Attachments

• Front 1.jpg
    Front 1.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 360
  • Inside.jpg
    Inside.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 420
  • inside 2.jpg
    inside 2.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 436
  • Back 1.jpg
    Back 1.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 251
  • back 2.jpg
    back 2.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 254
one sold on ebay for $261 on oct 18. 2012

Google "hydro heat wood stove" hit images
You could do the similiar search on craigslist.

one sold on ebay for $261 on oct 18. 2012

Google "hydro heat wood stove" hit images
You could do the similiar search on craigslist.

Nice find and thank you very much!

Several hits on Craigslist so far looking to come see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.