HELP, installed new stove WONT RUN

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KGT

Feb 1, 2015
Massachusetts
We just bought a Ashley AP5660L. Finally got the pellets to go into the hopper but now it will not light. Give us a code E1. I looked up the codes on a generic page for Ashley Stove who is made by US

Causes
• Inadequate ventilation.
• Room fan failure.
• Exhaust Blockage.
• Electrical Open in the over temperature switch or wiring.

What do we do next? We do not even see the red start on the auto igniter.

Can you reset the stove?? What is a E1 code? you gave causes but not what it means. If you can't reset sometimes unplugging the stove might help

We just bought a Ashley AP5660L. Finally got the pellets to go into the hopper but now it will not light. Give us a code E1. I looked up the codes on a generic page for Ashley Stove who is made by US

Causes
• Room fan failure.
• Exhaust Blockage.

Additional information would be helpful.
  • Did it feed pellets?
  • Did you hear the combustion blower running?
  • Did you see any signs of burning (smoke) in the chamber?
  • What does your installation look like (vent components, air intake?
  • Could you see the igniter get red hot?
  • Is the door closed and the hopper lid shut?
  • Anything else you can think of that might give us a clue?

Causes
• Room fan failure.
• Exhaust Blockage.

Error is
The high limit temperature sensor has tripped. Reset it and it was find. Also unpluged and pluged it back in.

Additional information would be helpful.
  • Did it feed pellets? Yes the pellet fed
  • Did you hear the combustion blower running? checking it now
  • Did you see any signs of burning (smoke) in the chamber? No smoke
  • What does your installation look like (vent components, air intake? Air intake is open
  • Could you see the igniter get red hot? Did not see igniter get red at all
  • Is the door closed and the hopper lid shut? Hopper lid shut as I know it has a switch on it.
  • Anything else you can think of that might give us a clue? It brand new I have no clue!

If the exhaust fan does not come on no further things in the startup sequence will happen:( Check if loose wiring to fan motor? Something stuck in the exhaust fan impeller? Someones Burger King wrapper if it was made in US

If the exhaust fan does not come on no further things in the startup sequence will happen:( Check if loose wiring to fan motor? Something stuck in the exhaust fan impeller? Someones Burger King wrapper if it was made in US
Yep was made in the us. Checking all things now.

Have you removed any packing material that may still be stuffed inside?

Have you removed any packing material that may still be stuffed inside?
Thought I had that covered with the Burger King wrapper :)

Reactions: Big papa
If the exhaust fan impeller is visable I would try and give it a nudge to see if it is free moving. Sometimes things might have taken a set and need a kick.

CALL THE DEALER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you everyone. After going through the whole stove and checking all kinds of connections and trouble shooting I called the manufacturer today (Monday). We bought a faulty stove! Looks like its the circuit board itself. They are trucking us a new one. Not to self, do not sell your other pellet stove one hour before hooking up a new stove. But who knew it would not work!

Reactions: bogieb
do not sell your other pellet stove one hour before hooking up a new stove. But who knew it would not work!

Oh it just keeps getting worse! So US Stoves asked for pictures of our brand new never run Ashley stove. Sent all kinds of pictures including the set up. After they had said it was more than likely a faulty board they are not telling us that we have to blow another hole in the front of our house to re-pipe the stove according to their specifications. According to their engineers our stove is supposed to have a 3 foot vertical pipe from the stove then out of the house. We are using the same opening that our other pellet stove was in and it was professionally installed. Do not see what another foot of pipe is going to do and am NOT going to put a new hole in our siding. This is the only way that they will send us a new stove! So, it is going back to the store who has been so nice trying to locate us a new stove. Don't want the stove and don't want a stove by US Stoves. This company is nasty and after reading up on their stoves their stoves are not worth crap.

Reactions: Big papa
It sounds like US Stove has their head where the sun doesn't shine. Three feet up INSIDE the house before going out is the only what it will run? Give me a break! I would be talking to several levels above the idiot that was feeding you that crap.

If the company has admitted that the stove is faulty I would just take a copy of the statement of it being bad and return the stove to the store. Let the store deal with the issue and the hassles.

If the company has admitted that the stove is faulty I would just take a copy of the statement of it being bad and return the stove to the store. Let the store deal with the issue and the hassles.
From his last post, the US Stove is now saying that it's installed wrong and they won't replace the control board unless they rework the piping and put another hole in the wall.

Reactions: Owen1508
From his last post, the US Stove is now saying that it's installed wrong and they won't replace the control board unless they rework the piping and put another hole in the wall.
Unfortunately the statement that they have a bad circuit board was via a phone conversation:(

Just downloaded the manual and the stove can be installed as horizontal only venting. So whats the problem now?

Oh it just keeps getting worse! So US Stoves asked for pictures of our brand new never run Ashley stove. Sent all kinds of pictures including the set up. After they had said it was more than likely a faulty board they are not telling us that we have to blow another hole in the front of our house to re-pipe the stove according to their specifications. According to their engineers our stove is supposed to have a 3 foot vertical pipe from the stove then out of the house. We are using the same opening that our other pellet stove was in and it was professionally installed. Do not see what another foot of pipe is going to do and am NOT going to put a new hole in our siding. This is the only way that they will send us a new stove! So, it is going back to the store who has been so nice trying to locate us a new stove. Don't want the stove and don't want a stove by US Stoves. This company is nasty and after reading up on their stoves their stoves are not worth crap.

The 3 feet can be on the outside as well. You can not direct vent a pellet stove (no vertical) without getting 100% of your combustion air from outside. A direct vent system (like Selkirk Direct Temp) is required. Sometimes reading the owners manual helps.

Attachments

• NFPA 211 direct vent code.pdf
    892.7 KB · Views: 3,013
Hope Owen catches this and speaks to whoever is doing the latest troubleshooting by phone... They're not doing the company any favours...

The 3 feet can be on the outside as well. You can not direct vent that stove (no vertical) without getting 100% of your combustion air from outside. A direct vent system (like Selkirk Direct Temp) is required. Sometimes reading the owners manual helps.

Must have been typing at the same time!;lol;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.