HELP!! Keystoker coal boiler controls

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gobblinbird

Nov 18, 2008
Central PA
Can someone please help me figure out this control mess....

Here is what I have:
I purchased a keystoker coal stoker(K-52-3) with no controls on it other than a 8124c aquastat. I plan to hook this in series with my oil boiler about 20 feet(because of flu location) before the oil boiler on the return side. I have a honeywell 8124 aquastat on the oil boiler that runs the circulator along with a t-stat tied in.

I need to find a way to ensure the keystoker remains fired when the aquastat is not calling for heat. I plan to do this with a timer tied into the control system. I am thinking I can run voltage to the aquastat then to the keystoker. This will allow the boiler to fire up to the point of high limit, then shut down. I then(I think) will run line voltage to a timer first then to the keystoker again. This will supply voltage to the keystoker when it is not calling(for short periods just to maintain a fire). Also, because no T-stat is in the picture with the keystoker, I plan to jumper this connection in the keystoker's aquastat.

Will this work? Is there an easier way to do this through the aquastat with a timer rather than bypassing the aquastat all together with the timer?

Another problem I am starting to see, with no lo limit cut off on the keystoker, will it try to fire all the time?

How would you wire this?

Any help, advice, suggestions, or anything you can do to keep me from pulling anymore hair out of my head agonizing over this is greatly appreciated!!!

GO PENN STATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.