Help me heat my home with a new fireplace!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Maldonado

May 18, 2013
New Jersey
Hello,
My name is Dan Maldonado. I currently have a superior bc42 http://www.lennoxhearthproducts.com/products/fireplaces/bc-br/ that came installed in my home and want to upgrade to a high efficiency fireplace. I have over 6 cords of wood that will be used to heat our 2000 sq ft home. It is tightly insulated (r60 blown in attic insulation), well sealed, and I can maintain or heat the home with the terrible fireplace I have right now. I want to heat the home with the fireplace, so any advice anyone can give on an efficient fireplace to heat my home would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Dan Maldonado

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/zc-fireplace.83144/

Here is one thread that will help.

I have an enerzone 2.5 zc fireplace and it can heat about 75 percent of my home and I live in Minnesota. I just bought a blaze king king though as I got a great deal and it has super long burn times. I won't be replacing the enerzone with the blaze king, I'll have both!

Reactions: webby3650
There are a number of different manufacturers of EPA-Rated Zero Clearance fireplaces out there, Dan, & most of them will do a really good job of heating that space. You may have to add some mechanical movement to reach the areas farthest from the appliance, tho. What you'll need to do is determine the area required for installation of a new unit versus what you have now for the existing ZC box. You may or may not be able to squeeze a new one into that same space. I have done a number of tear-outs & if your existing box is an internal install, replacement can get tricky. Sometimes you have no option but to "steal" space from an adjoining room to get the new one to look good. If your install is on an external wall, the space is already there & just needs to be framed in, insulated & sided. Refer to an owner's manual for the existing unit & then go on-line for manuals for the EPA-Rated units & compare the install requirements. You may have to take the existing chimney height into consideration as well as the floor space. Once you've decided on one or two models, report back & ask your install questions. You'll find the answers here.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 167
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/zc-fireplace.83144/

Here is one thread that will help.

I have an enerzone 2.5 zc fireplace and it can heat about 75 percent of my home and I live in Minnesota. I just bought a blaze king king though as I got a great deal and it has super long burn times. I won't be replacing the enerzone with the blaze king, I'll have both!

I also have an enerzone - their freestanding solution 3.4 - and am VERY happy with the quality and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.