Help me identify this insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr mr

Feb 1, 2014
missouri
My grandpa bought it in the late 80's or early 90's. We repainted it but found no markings on it anywhere. Any ideas what it is? Thanks, Bill

upload_2014-2-2_13-33-38.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why's that? I really know very little about fireplaces and inserts? I am trying to learn what does/doesn't work and why. No disrespect meant.
Bill

Almost no inserts can be installed into ZC fireplaces - only those which clearly say on the label and in the instruction manual that they were designed to do so. Even in most of those cases, the chimney has to be relined to the top with a new ss liner....

Read the part about metal fireplaces:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/install_insert

KFF-403 manual, page 1
Capture.JPG

That answers my question, thanks. Any recommendations on an insert that will work in a ZC fireplace as a secondary heat source? Am wanting to stick with wood burning.

That will depend on the interior dimensions of the fireplace and what will fit. Take a look at Regency, Buck and Enviro for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.