Help - Need "Premium" Log Splitter Shipped to Hawaii

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

konakid

Jul 25, 2012
If anyone knows of a company that will ship a "premium" log splitter to Hawaii, I would appreciate a lead. My only option is a 27 Ton Lowes model, that is only available occasionally.

I am not afraid to pay up for a good quality 27+ Ton. But I am getting quotes for shipping of close to $1000.

Can you get by with a splitting axe/ maul like Fiskars X27 ?
How cold does it get in HI ? What are your firewood burning needs ? Commercial venture ?
What do people burn in HI ?

Just got back from a week in Hawaii first week of April and I told my buddies back here that I couldn't live in Hawaii cause there's no firewood there. My impression was that all the good trees there are used in the exotic wood trade for making expensive things.