Help! Odd size collar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jeffr1983

Nov 29, 2020
Michigan
So the outlet of my stove is 7.5 inches. A 7 inch pipe is to small and 8 inch is to big. Am I missing something here?it has and 8" flue insed of the collar. This is my first wood stove and I'm new to all of this. Sorry for my ignorance. Lol. I'm worried that if I buy the 7" single wall pipe to connect to the stove it will be to small and not seal. What are my options?

20201129_143533.jpg

What is the stove make and model"? It looks like it’s set up for 8” stovepipe.

What is the stove make and model"? It looks like it’s set up for 8” stovepipe.
AFS is on the doors. That's all I can find on it as far as a manufacturer. Here is a picture of it I pulled from the internet. Any help would help. Thanks in advance. I'm currently try to fab my own adapter to go from the collar (if that's what it's called?) to a 7" stove pipe. Then it will be easy from there I'm hoping! Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201129-181136_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20201129-181136_Google.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 117
Haven't seen this stove before. How old is it?
It looks like they may have welded 8" OD well casing on for a flue collar.

Haven't seen this stove before. How old is it?
It looks like they may have welded 8" OD well casing on for a flue collar.
I'm not sure how old the stove is. I bought it a couple months ago. I think I might have figured out how to make an adapter for it. Now it's time to test my metal fabrication skills!

Is there a UL tag on it? If not, it requires 36" clearances in all directions. It would also be good to get the ok from the insurance company.
Moving this thread to the classics.