Help out the Noob

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dennisraz

Feb 20, 2010
Orwell Ohio
Hi!
First post.

I'm in the process of purchasing a home,and the home comes with a gas fireplace.
Any way to figure out who made the insert?
No logs or anything present except the gas supply pipe coming into the insert.
There is no natural gas available,but the insert is installed in an outside wall.
It has some kind of venting system,as it has the 8" damper,has a cap/liner outside the home,which is surrounded in the usual vinyl siding.

Can someone explain the parts required to convert this insert to propane?
Most of the system is installed,I just want to complete the install in the most efficient manner to offset my heating bill.
This is a split level home,the fireplace is located on the lower level which is quite a few degrees colder than the main level.

I will get you guys some photos of the insert when I can.
Thanks.

Pics would be nice, but there is usually an attached metal tag on the unit via a chain or steel cord that will have the pertinent info printed on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.