Help picking a pellet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Zaptear

Nov 8, 2018
USA Vermont
This is what I can get buy me
Here are the ton price's We currently have. Curran Hardwood's $255 , Turman Oak $320 , Energex Mix $260, Orford Softwood $250 . Delivery is $65 for 1 -4 ton's.

What I have now sucks
209d5d92a37f91acb506dd3b50b9fe3d.jpg

But a ton of them came free with the stove so whatever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is what I can get buy me
Here are the ton price's We currently have. Curran Hardwood's $255 , Turman Oak $320 , Energex Mix $260, Orford Softwood $250 . Delivery is $65 for 1 -4 ton's.

What I have now sucks
View attachment 233076
But a ton of them came free with the stove so whatever

Always try a couple bags before you commit, but the Orford looks like your best deal. I’ve always liked softwoods better.

Turman are very low ash. The think I paid $235 a ton for mine in the spring (spring deal...pay in the spring, pickup in the fall or winter). I'm bit closer to the plant then you are which I guess is why there are a lot more $ up in Vermont.

Turman are very low ash. The think I paid $235 a ton for mine in the spring (spring deal...pay in the spring, pickup in the fall or winter). I'm bit closer to the plant then you are which I guess is why there are a lot more $ up in Vermont.

Ya this is my 1st year with one so working it out