Help please with Quadrafire Santa fe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joy85

Jan 21, 2015
Maine
The burn pot in my Santa Fe won't get warm. I am able to hear the motor running (it runs continuously), but the pot won't get warm and no pellets are feeding. The reset button doesn't trigger anything either. I had the stove serviced and cleaned a few months ago and I vacuum it regularly. Also the vacuum switch and hose were replaced during the service and it is free from clogs. There is a flashing red like on the control box inside the stove. I'm a single parent and can't afford another service call, and unfortunately this is our primary source of heat right now...and it's not working :-(. I know my way around a tool box if someone can point me in the right direction...I just don't know a lot about these stoves. Thanks!!

May well be overdue for the venting to get cleaned. If stove can not close the vacuum switch because of inability to get a vacuum in chamber the stove won't start the firing sequence.

What motor are you hearing running? The exhaust fan? And when he cleaned the stove, did he clean the exhaust pipe too? A flashing red light usually means something is wrong with the thermocouple. Carefully take the cover off the firepot thermocouple and make sure the end of the thermocouple is good, not broke or cracked. When you put it back together make sure the tip of the cover touches the inside end of the cover or it won't read right. Check wire harness connections on thermocoupe too. Stay in touch. kap

Status
Not open for further replies.