Help please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellarep

Oct 22, 2015
Bay, Arkansas
My husband who passed away 13 years ago got this fireplace heater back in the late 70 or 80's. My son and I want to restore it. It has the spring door openers and the draft control knobs like a Fisher. It has 2 doors with 8 x 8 glass inserts. The draft control knobs, feet and door hinge pins are all red. There is a red name plate on the front.... But NO name anywhere on the stove. The hole at the top is 8". It is about 26 in wide, 19 in deep . The legs are 8" , and it's about 32" from the floor to the very top. Does anyone know what kind of stove this is? I am using Naval jelly to remove the rust and would also like to know the correct type of paint to use on it.
My son was 10 when his dad passed and he seems to think his dad painted the legs and knobs red. The only number we can find is on the inside of the doors, one says 1395, the other 1395-1.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
The picture is a little small , is it a step stove or just flat on top?
I started a thread on the best stove paint for my Fisher.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/best-high-temp-paint.145672/
This thread should help you with the restoration , so please post more pictures and details about where it will be installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.