Help!! Rectangle insert in arch fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Flanny

Dec 15, 2017
Canada
Please, I need advice. We purchased a Valor Legend G3. The rep came and measured and said it would fit. We advised him that we wanted a surround that was in the same arch shape as the original wood burning fireplace. We were told that valor didn't make them and so my hubby said he could make something as long as it was just aesthetic. Well, it was installed today, the corners cover much if the brick work of the arch and the surround is actually a functional part of the unit. Without it, the screen is not stable.
What can I do with this? Even the large surround won't completely cover the arch. And we really wanted to showcase the arch, not cover it up

What type phone? Usually just hit upload file button in the reply section and it should bring up your phone media as an option. If the pic is already there .

Attachments

• IMG_9589.JPG
    IMG_9589.JPG
    196 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_9590.JPG
    IMG_9590.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 245
Your husband will have to make something that fastens in the identical manner as the front that is on there now, so the screen stays in place, IF he can. I would make sure it is LARGER than the opening & then cut it back to the arched configuration. Heat & Glo used to make a "cuttable" front for their inserts. Not sure if they still offer one. If they do, maybe your husband can take a look at one of them to see how it needs to be done.

Kind of late, but best way to showcase an arch IMO is not to put an insert in it. Freestanding stoves look great in that application.

That’s a tough arch to full fill. I would have a metal shop bend something up and purchase a surround that has the brackets on it. From there make a template of your arch and let them do there magic