Help to identify Hearthstone woodburning stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I'm very glad you checked. We didn't see the UL tag and the picture hid the bypass control handle on the side. That explains the low price. I think that model stopped production around 1995.

Hang in there. Another good stove will come along.

Yes, and one can still get replacement catalysts.

Right! Just not from Hearthstone which I won't have a warranty with them anyway..... so.. maybe I can now talk them down a bit and just do it. I really appreciate the support, Truly

The risk is if there are any internal parts that need replacement. We can't tell that from the pictures. It could be fine or not.

The risk is if there are any internal parts that need replacement. We can't tell that from the pictures. It could be fine or not.
I thought about that too. I'm going to look up internal parts for that particular stove to see if they can be found and take a good look at it when I get there tomorrow. I will also call them ,wondering how easy it is for them to have the parts if discontinued. I did find a company that hauls away wood stoves , repairs the wall holes for a pretty penny. So they must also be re-purposing the parts. refurbishing ..

Bummer, too bad it’s not a non cat Heritage. The Harvest is a down draft cat stove with lots of parts. Hopefully it was rarely used and the innards are in good shape and all you would need is a new cat but I could see this turning into a money pit. It sure is a good looking stove though.

Reactions: samflowers
Bummer, too bad it’s not a non cat Heritage. The Harvest is a down draft cat stove with lots of parts. Hopefully it was rarely used and the innards are in good shape and all you would need is a new cat but I could see this turning into a money pit. It sure is a good looking stove though.
I know Todd! Had my heart set on warmth this winter. Will look up cost for a cat? replacement and what that is and since it's in their driveway, maybe they will just give it to me. The pick up and set up itself will be a bear of a chore for this older but still robust woman who feels like a 6 year old at the moment. Thanks so much for your input!

I know your disappointed and I do not know if this advertisement of parts will help or even if the company is still in business or even if it is the right one---lol--but found this on the net and maybe give them a call...just for the heck of it...That will keep you occupied with thoughts of being warm...Hope everything works out...old clancey

O, thanks for writing. We're on the same page. I was going to call some folks who sell parts to ask them for some input. I will also drive out to look at the stove and inspect it before committing. Thank you !