Help ~ Vogelzang Pellet Stove power issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bglitz

Jan 29, 2019
Ohio
Tried to start my pellet stove for first time this year. Still had pellets from last year in the hopper. Cleaned the clean out in back and everything in/under the cup, igniter area. Plugged it in and it started dropping pellets but did not ignite. And panel didn’t display digital temp etc. Pellets dropped and overflowed the cup.
Power button would not shut it off so I unplugged it.
Emptied cup and plugged it back in. It started without me pushing the power button then shut off within seconds only to restart/shut off. I unplugged again. Cleaned old pellets out, swept hopper and put new pellets in hopper.
Lid to hopper still OPEN, I plugged it back in and it again started without me pushing the on/off button. When I shut the hopper lid, that’s when it will immediately power off/on/off/on every few seconds. So shutting hopper lid cuts the power. Igniter gets red hot with lid open. Not sure it should do that?
I blew out the hopper switch in case there was something in it. No luck there.
Any help please?

Was it plugged in all summer without a surge protector? Sure sounds like you have a cooked control board.

Unplug every connection,look for signs of any burning.Also unplug and plug back in the data cable,between the control board and the display.

Which Vogelzang model?

It does sound like a bad control board.