Help! WHAT in the world is wrong with my Harman Accentra insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kcogswell

Nov 11, 2017
Maryland
C878DC3E-545A-43BA-A388-96C7929B8594.jpeg
A34E8078-B442-4115-ACDB-0A88E37BED7C.jpeg
Just started my Harman Accentra on a number 4- 75 degrees drive temp- manual. woke up to the stove empty and a whole tray of nonburned pellets! I posted a pic of the settings it was on and what it looked like when I woke up- holy cow. It hasn’t been running right for several years but haven’t had the money to get someone to come out. But it’s more than apparent I cannot run it if it’s doing this! Help! What is going on!!!?

We replaced the esp probe and motherboard within the last 2 years as well. We get a lot of carbon too and the glass is dogged up within a few hours of running...

When the igniter toggle switch is set to manual in stove mode,the distribution blower will not turn on with a temp dial setting of 1 to 5.That looks like an airflow issue or a bad esp.How is the flame?Is it normal or is it a lazy flame?

We replaced the esp probe and motherboard within the last 2 years as well. We get a lot of carbon too and the glass is dogged up within a few hours of running...
How is your door seal have you tested it

When the igniter toggle switch is set to manual in stove mode,the distribution blower will not turn on with a temp dial setting of 1 to 5.That looks like an airflow issue or a bad esp.How is the flame?Is it normal or is it a lazy flame?
ESP was replaced 2 seasons ago. FLAME looks lazy. I think we have an air problem too but not sure how to figure out how to fix it.

Check the door gaskets with a dollar bill.Close the door on the bill and try to pull it out.If it comes out easy you have an air leak.

either exhaust venting is plugged up or inlet air flapper is stuck shut. Stove needs pulled out to do both

Have you cleaned Heat Exchanger tubes behind the plates so that you can see the brush in the right tube coming from the left tube?

Yes. Vents, burnpot and the side panels were pulled out and vacuumed behind. We start it with gel because the igniter went up- should it be on auto?
Has the exhaust been cleaned with a brush and rods throughout? Has the entire stove been scraped and vacuumed? Have all ports been brushed ? Has the esp been cleaned? Have the fans been pulled and cleaned? Has the venting and fans been inspected for dead animals, birds, or blockages?