"Help" Where can I buy pellets near Atlanta?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjc1800

Jan 10, 2011
Lithonia Ga
Just moved to the Atlanta area from Baltimore, and I need to find where I can buy pellets. Ace hardware says $300 a ton, that seems rather high to me. Does home depot or lowes sell them down here? Pellets were around $225 a ton at home depot and lowes back in Baltimore.

See if you can find a feed supply. Often sell aspen blend pellets for horse bedding. Burning some this AM in a Italian stove with good results.

Pennington has a pellet mill in Madison Ga. just outside of Atlanta, back in 06 (i think) i went there to help shoot an infomercial with HGTV at the factory.

you may be able to get them through there or at least find a local outlet to buy em

Pennington has a pellet mill in Madison Ga. just outside of Atlanta, back in 06 (i think) i went there to help shoot an infomercial with HGTV at the factory.

you may be able to get them through there or at least find a local outlet to buy em
I hope they shortened them up a lot. Harman will grind them up but may get a bit noisy. Like Grampa used to say, like a rat in the corn crib.:)

Attachments

• DSCN0143.JPG
    DSCN0143.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 190

Most of the manufacturers down here with the exception of Rock Wood Pellets (near Atlanta in Rock Wood!) ship everything overseas because of the ridiculously lousy exchange rate for our worthless dollar. Southern States Feed has them for 5.49 a bag up here in N. Georgia as does Tractor Supply for the same price. You might have to ask them to order them for you. I got mine just over the border in Fairplay, SC for 4.75, if you order a ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.