Help with a Titan Pellet Master 3000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonym15k

Jan 30, 2009
Ware, MA
I have a few questions and looking for any help, please

We have this stove, 13 years old. this year seems to be the worse its been for burning, Pellets are 1/2 burned and its a waste of money. I have taken it apart as best I can and cleaned, oiled, lubed what ever needed to be done. I cannot get the front spindel (Soaked with Penatrating oil, been years since it was taken off, so problery "welded" on now) off to effectivly clean out the burnpot 100%, those slits are cleaned as best as possible. IS there any cleaner I can spray into this that would break down any remain cresote that isn't chip-able.

Has anyone else been having "bad pellets" or is it just me..Some times I get ash, but mostly is half burnt pellets. The stove runs at 250 degree, but somehow the pellets are not burning through....and this is consistant with all brand of wood pellets, different manufactures and different places that they where purchased from, same results.

There's a Square ring above the burn pot with a large hole in it now. I have stuffed some of the cord for the seal on the doors into it to Limit there airflow for burning, but dosent seems to be helping any, NOW ive had this hole (About the size of a thumb) for a few years, and this is the first year pellets are not burning all the way. Its been cleaned a few times by "Professional", but being laid off for a year now, Im looking to save money as best as possible.

I moved you over to the pellet forum Tony. You should get a better targeted response over here.

I think I figured it out, Found a motor that was covered in dust, Removed, striped down, cleaned, reinstalled...Nice bright fire!

Now going to need a Creosote cleaner for the inside of the stove and a good wire brush come spring..

I dont like taking things apart without a tech book, but also dont like to "Burn money" with no heat either...

Status
Not open for further replies.