Help with ceiling box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Five0fm

Jul 14, 2022
Ny
Hello everyone. I'm having some trouble finding the correct ceiling box either stand alone or preferably in a kit and I was hoping some real world experience would help.

I'm looking to go single wall black pipe from the stove to the ceiling box then class a insulated double walled pipe from the box out the roof. I'd like to stay away from adapters if at all possible.

I believe this kit would work but I'd prefer to not have an adapter and just have the correct box for transitioning from single to class a double

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

Hello everyone. I'm having some trouble finding the correct ceiling box either stand alone or preferably in a kit and I was hoping some real world experience would help.

I'm looking to go single wall black pipe from the stove to the ceiling box then class a insulated double walled pipe from the box out the roof. I'd like to stay away from adapters if at all possible.

I believe this kit would work but I'd prefer to not have an adapter and just have the correct box for transitioning from single to class a double

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
Most have an adapter on the bottom of the chimney pipe that just fits through the hole in the support box. What ever box you use needs to be made specifically for your chimney