Help with make/ model and owners manual

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dwdagen

Apr 25, 2021
Northern Michigan
Hi, new to this forum, I'm looking for an owners manual for our old family wood stove, believe it's a nordic, not sure of the model and cannot find any plate with make model. I need to replace a fan on it and the local store doesn't have anything available, any help would be appreciated. Pic attached of stove

20210417_104459.jpg 20210425_123640.jpg

Last edited:
The fan appears to be a conventional 4" muffin (axial) fan. Nothing too special there. You can order one from Graingers or Amazon. Mearsure it up and when ordering a replacement, make sure it is for 120vac, and about 100cfm and has a metal body.

Maybe something like this:

or
Amazon product ASIN B005T5B5D2

Reactions: Dwdagen
The fan appears to be a conventional 4" muffin (axial) fan. Nothing too special there. You can order one from Graingers or Amazon. Mearsure it up and when ordering a replacement, make sure it is for 120vac, and about 100cfm and has a metal body.

Maybe something like this:

or
Amazon product ASIN B005T5B5D2
Thank you for the help!

Thank you for the help!

I have a question about your setup. Is that double wall stove pipe coming out of the top of the stove?
If so, those crimps should be facing up, not down. See where I have indicated in the attached image.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    924.7 KB · Views: 116
I have a question about your setup. Is that double wall stove pipe coming out of the top of the stove?
If so, those crimps should be facing up, not down. See where I have indicated in the attached image.

There is a flange built in to the top of the stove, that pipe was bought for that stove at the time of install and that's the only way it fits. That has been there since around 1988. All I can say is my Pop installed per directions with it and we've never experienced an issue.