Help with my Harman stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

queenbcrout

Apr 3, 2021
montour falls, ny
I ordered a Harman XXV-TC and had it installed November of 2019. I have had nothing but problems since I got the stove. My latest problem is that it will not shut off! Yesterday after watching several You Tube videos, I took the back panel off and cleaned the Exhaust sensing probe. I thought the problem was solved until this afternoon when it started doing the same thing. I have the Temp set at 65 and it is 76 and still climbing. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem or any thoughts what to do next. I have updated the stove with the USB and that still did not help.
I regret getting this model as this is about the 5th issue I have had with it and it has never worked like it should.
Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance,
Brenda

First question anyone will ask is have you done a thorough cleaning? Cleared the holes in the burn pot, tried the leaf blower trick to get all of the nooks and crannies etc.

First question anyone will ask is have you done a thorough cleaning? Cleared the holes in the burn pot, tried the leaf blower trick to get all of the nooks and crannies etc.

I have done the thorough cleaning but never heard of the leaf blower trick. I will definitely try this too. I unplugged the stove for about an hour last night after it ran out of pellets but when i filled it and plugged it back in, it still is climbing temp and will not shut down.
Thank you for the response and I will try your trick.

Reactions: Washed-Up
What settings are you running it on?

Room temp or stove temp? Feed rate? What kind of pellet are you burning?

i just bought a new xxv-tc also. I am leaning how to use it now.

the xxv-tc has a touch control screen, most of the same features but with a screen.

I sound like it is in room temp mode, so it should shut off when it reaches the set temp. first thing make sure it is in room sense mode by going to menu, mode and make sure room sense is highlighted. that is about all i can tell you right now. It also has a diagnostic screen where you can get all the values of the sensors.

i don't know what the values should be, but if you post them someone may be able to help