Help with Proflame system

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

maz307

Feb 4, 2023
NC
I havean old proflame remote (0.584.022), receiver (0.584.221), DFC (0.584.302), pilot assembly (LPG9608) with gas logs SCVFALP18LP that I cannot get to work properly. I have a IPI/CPI switch, I don't have a fan or splitflow. The until sparks and flame starts (sounds like a blow torch), but the flame does not reach the rectifier (pics 1&3). It continues to spark, flame goes out and the small flame barely touches the rectifier for 2 seconds. I can use a paper clip or lighter to "transfer" the flame to the rectifier, it continues to click, the main burner does not light. The receiver and remote both turn on and beep to communicate. I don't have the 7v adapter and I am using a new 9v battery. I have cleaned the pilot, rectifier, spark ignitor and checked for wire connections. I don't know if it is the pilot assembly, DFC board, wire harness or if I need a 7v adapter. I've tried some troubleshooting, (https://media.woodstoves-fireplaces.com/data/File/Manuals/Proflame_EI_Service_Manual(2).pdf?rev=F954) the wires are all connected and I'm not certain that the black and red wires on the ignition module are between 6-7v but this could be because I don't have a 7v adapter. Thanks!

Flame1.jpg Flame2.jpg Flame3.jpg