Help with re-assembly of jotul F3 CB

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

suprz

Sep 24, 2012
Rhode island
Just got the bug to put the jotul back together tonight. When i picked it up most of the insides were taken out and i didnt take any pics so i have no reference. I know this stove is older because the top comes off and there is no provision for the stove pipe to come out the top . The stove pipe exits vertically from a part of the stove in the top back of the stove. Does anyone know the correct procedure for putting this stove back together? Pics would be great!!! I have looked at manuals but cant really make much sense of them

No one? The tag on the back of the stove has a date of jan 1990 if that helps. If someone can even post a pic of the inside of their stove that would probably help

Do you have the exploded view picture (attached)?

Attachments

• Jotul_F3CB_expl_view.pdf
    383.3 KB · Views: 411
Yes, i found that online, but it does not reflect the insides of my stove. The bottom plate is the same, the side plates are the same, the from grate that keeps the logs in is the same, but then there are 3 more parts. 2 of them are flat plates (one has a cut out in iton one edge in the middle) the other flat plate is just a flat plate, and the other piece looks just like the front part that keeps the logs in only bigger...i wish i could take a pic but the comp is not cooperating....i am hoping this thing is not a cat stove. I dont think i have read many good things about cat stoves....

The model should be indicated on the UL label plate on the back of the stove. It it's a cat, here's what the 3TDIC looks like:

Help with re-assembly of jotul F3 CB

Yep, thats the stove.....its a cat....i have no experience with cat stoves.....what am i in for?

An interesting learning experience. If the burn plates are still in good shape go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.