help with rough opening suggestions and corrections w/picture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

surf_n_bid

Mar 3, 2014
east coast
finished a install with a monessen direct vent and noticed some discrepancies in the owner/ install manual or maybe its me... the manual states rough opening of "41.75 inches height" and "do not use flanges for framing or header" , "for drywall support only" BUT my header is at the flange? any input or suggestions appreciated? i really don't want to start cutting up the framing...

screenshot software for windows

vgfa6fmlp

Definitely contradictory. If you're worried about the location of the header, replace it with a steel stud.
If you've met the specifications for the rouch opening, I wouldn't worry about it, tho.
I've installed hundreds of gas ZC boxes & screwed EVERYONE of them to the header...

Status
Not open for further replies.