Help with Tarm door and Stovex

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdman

May 21, 2008
NH
I need to re-do my doors. Where can i buy stovex locally? IF i cannot get stovex what do people suggest I use... and where can i buy it? I have Lowes and Home Depot around here. Ideas? Does it have to be ceramic compound? ANd at what temp am i looking for? will 2000 F be ok?

Have you found any Stovex? I would think Bio Heat should have it. I need to do the same thing, I am hoping to use a tube that I had left over from my original install.

Pieces of the Stovex fell out on the inside of the gasifier door on my Tarm, between the door frame and the boiler. I used some Rutland furnace cement to re-fill the gaps. Seems to work well.

I ended up just buying some furnace cement. It says up to 2000 degrees... hope it is just as good as the Stovex.

Status
Not open for further replies.