Help! Wood insert decision

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Avery24

Jul 18, 2019
CT
Hey guys,

This is going to be my first wood stove insert. Went to a local shop a few days ago and really liked the lopi revere and the blaze king briarwood ii. I don’t know much about either but I liked how the lopi sticks out. As a possible cooktop if power goes out. I’m only heating 1,100 sqft max. I’m looking to supplement my oil heating bills with wood so this is my dilemma. I would like to just load it when I get home from work and do the very minimum to keep it heating my home all night. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks. Price is not a factor as it’s only a 200 dollar difference.

The revere is a very solid product, that would be my choice. BK makes awesome stuff, the Briarwood is not one of their major players and has been discontinued for a while now.

Make sure you have the proper hearth clearance from the front of the insert.