Help Wood pellet stove question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coldfeet1958

Nov 8, 2008
Central ME
Is there anyone who owns a Mt. Vernon AE wood pellet stove, manufactured by Quadra Fire, and if so, can you please let me know if you are satisfied with it? I am not sure if I should purchase this self-cleaning model, or if I should purchase a Harman XXV? I have ordered a Harman XXV back in June, but it has not arrived yet. It is back-ordered, & should be arriving in December. Now, I'm confused because I also was impressed by a lot of the features on the Mt. Vernon AE.
Help?

funny you should ask. I work for a dealer that sells both Harman and Quad. I was planning on putting a new pellet stove in my house this past summer. Having worked with and on Harmans and Quads for 15+ years I was going to put in an XXV. We accidentally (inventory glitch with computer) sold the unit I already had in my garage, ready to install.
The only stove left was a Mt Vernon AE that we had left over from the first year they produced them (2006). That was when they had all the problems! I made an agreement with the boss; I would take a Mt Vernon for this year, because it would be good for me to get a little first hand knowlege of the unit (since my job is to take and schedule service calls and act a tec support for our customers and field tecs). If I don't like it I can bring it back in the spring and get the XXV. So, no real risk on my part, right? Well after having the Mt Vernon for a month now, I can say I love it, and will not be trading. I updated the stove to the latest wall control and circuit board (warranty covered) and the stove works fantastic. It is quieter than the XXV. It runs on 12 volt dc, so battery back up is simple and cheaper. And it comes with programable thermostat. And the inside of the quad looks more finished than the XXV with it's exposed heat exchanger.

I think there are several owners of both of those models
but your very basic thread title isn't going to attract them.
Just a little tip for next time you post.

Status
Not open for further replies.