Helping a Fellow Woodburner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PA Fire Bug

Feeling the Heat
Jan 13, 2010
Blair County, PA
I had the chance to work with about 20 guys cutting treetops that had been left behind by a logging crew for a guy who is fighting cancer and not able to cut wood for his outdoor furnace. They use the outdoor furnace to heat their home and one of their greenhouses. It only took a few hours to cut and haul the wood shown below (he was supply was completely exhausted). Seeing how much it meant to him and his wife was worth the time and effort.

Attachments

• 20140517_105546.jpg
    20140517_105546.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 300
  • 20140517_110932.jpg
    20140517_110932.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 287
  • 20140517_111022.jpg
    20140517_111022.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 272
Good for you, I'm sure everyone's kindness means even more than the nice amount of wood that you put up for him. I hope he does well with his cancer treatment, etc.

I have neighbors with a similar situation. The husband has MS. They buy log trucks now and have a guy with a portable processor come in and cut for two days. They dont stack the wood. Their OWB heats their hot water so the thing is burning 24/7.I wish the family luck.

Good job fellas. Those tops left behind sure do add up..

Great job and gesture, guys! I hope that he gets well, and that act of kindness pays you back tenfold......

good for you. helping out the people around you should be in the nature of every wood burner.

You"ll be paid back 10 fold. Maybe when you least expect it.;)

Nice job !!

That's what it should be about !

Mighty decent of you guys. I'm sure it is a great blessing to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.