Here We Go Again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not Colder sounding Celsius.

;lol;lol only until -40 then the Fahrenheit scale sounds much colder. Coldest I ever worked in for a prolonged period was -55::C, a few days of -57::C & one day of -60::C. Run those on the ::F scale & they sound just brutal. -67::F, -70.6::F & -76::F. Brrr sounds cold. You can have it. ;) Too cold for us Canucks.

No snow from this storm for us up here . . . and I am actually disappointed. I would love for the sledding season to be extended. My wife on the other hand is quite happy and keeps hoping for a warm up . . . didn't have the heart to tell her that it's supposed to be cold enough all week to keep the snow we have on the ground already.

Get here quick Jake. My driveway is a nine hundred foot bobsled run at the moment.

Reactions: firefighterjake
Ummm . . . I'm talking about sledding with a motor in the front . . . aka snowmobiling. Then again, bobsledding might be fun . . . you want to be the driver or brakeman?

Ummm . . . I'm talking about sledding with a motor in the front . . . aka snowmobiling. Then again, bobsledding might be fun . . . you want to be the driver or brakeman?

Spectator.

This year, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Redbuds bloom.

Me too. I'm at the northern limit of the Redbud zone, and am worried that mine have been killed by the cold this winter.

Now, now enough of that warming up nonsense!
We still need a solid 4 weeks of -30 if we are to get those pipelines fixed & the oil flowing.

You guys just need to get your butts in gear so we can have a nice spring.>>

Global warming! Global warming!

Well my climate certainly is changing!

Its those big V8's and 10's in my trucks that let you get a paycheck, or to the store, or anywhere else. Also the same ones that drag your toys back on to street when you have miscalculated conditions. If I get jammed up you better believe you had no business being there.

well, if it is your v-10 getting my paycheck,,,please go to a v-12, cause i need a bigger paycheck.

Don't get a paycheck. Don't need to go to the store or anywhere else. So the 454 powered 7,100 pound 4x4 toy is sitting covered in snow in the driveway. Playing winch rack. >>

Yeah. And for a brief moment today it got up to sixty around two pm. Sixty today with snow still on the ground in spots and then down to four degrees tomorrow night is beyond words.

Thirty years here and this one beats the ones in the nineties by a long shot.
Sounds like a similar Winter to us BB. I was just saying not long ago that the only Winter that would compare to this would be the winter of 94/95 but I don't remember it being quite this long and figgin cold.

You guys just need to get your butts in gear so we can have a nice spring.

Were working on it Jags, were working on it. Trust me we all would have rather been done last month. Spending your days & nights for the shift workers, hugging a steel pipe or pumping water before it freezes in -30 is no fun at all. We have put in so many warming stations this year that I seem to lose count for awhile. Good thing they are there though as with a -45 wind chill things can get real deadly real fast. Not the kind of temps one wants to get wet in. All the normal horseplay on a typical job site just vanishes at those temps, good thing too.

Snow is done. Now just the bone chilling cold. First winter with this many ice and snowfalls we have had without the lights going out.

;lol;lol only until -40 then the Fahrenheit scale sounds much colder. Coldest I ever worked in for a prolonged period was -55::C, a few days of -57::C & one day of -60::C. Run those on the ::F scale & they sound just brutal. -67::F, -70.6::F & -76::F. Brrr sounds cold. You can have it. ;) Too cold for us Canucks.
It's getting pretty thick around here now! I may have to go out and get my waders soon., lol

It has never be any "C" here. But tonight is gonna break a record low set in 1878 for the coldest temp in the month of March.

I don't think I'd be going into work when it's -73... Nope, not! And if you above the 60th parallel then it's believable, yes!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashful
Look on the bright side. Those temps sure beat being in the Antarctic in June, July & August.
I know it, I looked into a maintenance job at McMurdo science outpost and you start out in our summer and there winter. A big federal contractor which I can't remember the name runs the facilities there and you apply and interview in Colorado. I'd imagine they have quite the redundancy in their heating systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.