Here's the skinny around here..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete Zahria

Minister of Fire
Jan 6, 2014
New Hampster
mcmanusfuels.com
Some of us have been talking about shortages/deliveries..

In our area:
One of the larger Lumber yards decided to not sell them this year.
Another lumber yard is no longer taking orders.
The biggest dealer is saying 6-8 weeks for your delivery.
We are now only going out 15 miles now, so we can do more in a day...

For the time being it is not so much no pellets, as it is deliveries..
Outlook for future is, many places are borderline on their allotments.

Hope it doesn't get worse, considering it's only September..

Dan

That's why you should buy your pellets early if you can. Those that don't are just rolling the dice.

Ditto. Usually lower price in the preseason and other deals as well. I bought Okanagan @ 269/ton and got half of delivery. Now at 299/ton no delivery discount.

No issues here with June 4ton purchase...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 193
Reactions: Big papa
Damn... I can smell the bacon from here! Nice job ya pig! (I only have room for 4 tons - otherwise one of the cars has to sleep outside for the winter - and since I wouldn't be winning THAT battle, I keep myself to 4 tons at a time)

Fireside ultras $214 ton !!!
I burned 2 tons of Okies and 1 ton of Geneva last season. I inspected the stove - complete cleaning - and it was cleaner than after the 1 ton cleaning I did burning just Geneva (ashy pellet) my first full burn season (https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/first-1-ton-cleaning-xxv.103801/page-3#post-1343328). Very little ash in the clean out and venting or stuck to the innards of the stove. Even the esp was clean comparatively. Just prefer the reduced maintenance overall.

But ya can't beat the price on the firesides!

I burned 2 tons of Okies and 1 ton of Geneva last season. I inspected the stove - complete cleaning - and it was cleaner than after the 1 ton cleaning I did burning just Geneva (ashy pellet) my first full burn season (https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/first-1-ton-cleaning-xxv.103801/page-3#post-1343328). Very little ash in the clean out and venting or stuck to the innards of the stove. Even the esp was clean comparatively. Just prefer the reduced maintenance overall.

But ya can't beat the price on the firesides!
I too like the idea of reduced maintenance! Happy stove, happy me :) Next spring I won't delay and see if I can fine Okies (DF's preferred).

Pelletsdirect.com is not taking any orders due to lack of product.....
Wow - I hope everyone who has been crowing about "WAITING" or that we were all "SUCKED IN" for purchasing during the spring/summer for our upcoming winter's supply will be either prepared for a lot of "I told you so" or will be helping those who did wait because of their advice in finding supplies when January / February comes - or sooner!

Well, here's a small ray of sunshine for you. The box stores are just starting to get their pellet inventory in stock. I'm getting lots of emails from Greene Team regarding deliveries to this region, and every Lowes, HD, and TSC around here appears to be well stocked with pellets. Some decent brands this year too, it's not all Green Supremes and Infernos like we had last year. The boxes may not be some people's favorite option, but it is an option nonetheless.

If u can't see out the windows u might just b a pellet hog!!!

Reactions: Owen1508
I'm starting to get that thankful feeling for getting all my pellets nice and early.

Saw that last night and had to chuckle. This is a pretty extreme case. All the other pellet stores around here still have product available. May not be your favorite brand, but they do have them.

Glad to be sitting on enough to get me through already. I'm still planning on an extra ton or so just to be safe, but either way I'll be fine.

Saw that last night and had to chuckle. This is a pretty extreme case. All the other pellet stores around here still have product available. May not be your favorite brand, but they do have them.
Extreme, yes.. but like I said above...
Plenty of places "have" them.. you just may not be able to get them.
At least from there. So if all you can get is a brand you don't care for..
and you settle for brand HD we'll say...there was a shortage, of sorts.

Dan

Extreme, yes.. but like I said above...
Plenty of places "have" them.. you just may not be able to get them.
At least from there. So if all you can get is a brand you don't care for..
and you settle for brand HD we'll say...there was a shortage, of sorts.

Dan
Nicely stated! I simply have a preference for the 'better' tier of Pellets for all the obvious reasons (more BTUs / lower ash / less cleaning / happier stove).... but if you're warm with something you don't care for... you're still warm!

Reactions: ttdberg
Status
Not open for further replies.