Heritage Glass Window

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD1480

Hearth Supporter
Jan 11, 2008
Vernon, CT
First off I'd like to say thank you to everyone. I finally got my new stove installed yesterday, a Hearthstone Heritage! It's beautiful and on a non-combustible hearthpad infront of my open fireplace. I dont know if I couldve gotten such a nice stove without being able to search and read and search and read all the great information on this site!

My question is, after the stove was installed, I noticed the glass on teh front of the Heritage has a purple and yellow tint to it. It's a color that stands out more when light outside of the stove reflects off of it (such as from the big bay window in our room). I double checked both sides of the glass and made sure it wasnt a plastic piece on the glass or something. I also tried to wash both sides and whatever it was, it didnt come off. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the glass? My stove shop is closed the next two days and we just had a huge storm in CT, I'd love to fire the stove up but I'm afraid of burning in something into the glass. Any ideas???

Phew, thank goodness! I was afraid it was some type of oil slick or something. I'm looking forward to running a break in fire tonite!

Thanks Tom, your site has also helped greatly with my wood stove education!

I have found the airwash system to be very effective at keeping the glass clear. I only wipe off the fly ash every week or so.

Our Mansfield is the same way.

When I got it home I was somewhat baffled as well but the fire viewing is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.