Hey smoke is this any good?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldspark said:
Yea that one looks a lot better.
It is a very good grinder for the money but wait till it's on sale. Great copy of a Oregon 511a.

I inherited a 511A. While I never would have spent the money on it, it is a pleasure to operate.

How are some of the other cheaper oregon ones compared to the one smoke posted, I see they have several models below the 511, better to buy the 511 clone or a lessor oregon ?

oldspark said:
How are some of the other cheaper oregon ones compared to the one smoke posted, I see they have several models below the 511, better to buy the 511 clone or a lessor oregon ?

I have one of the original "Nick the Grinder". Its a cheapo, but works if you know how to make it work. The down side to the lesser grade machines is possible flex in the frame or play in the hinge of the motor. I compensate by always using a slight amount of pressure to the side. The better the machine, the more "precision" it should be. Also, the better machines have a more user friendly adjustment for the chain. I do think this is one item that "you get what you pay for".

Status
Not open for further replies.