Hi, Can someone identify this stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LeNerd

Oct 20, 2018
New Jersey
upload_2018-10-20_18-43-50.png
It is 36"w outside and the inserted part is 29" x 15

Looks like a Vermont Castings Winter Warm

I can’t remember what they called that one. It predates the winter warm, Definitely a Vermont Castings though. They were pretty much a decorative fireplace, no combustion technology from what I remember about them. I’d pass.

Reactions: LeNerd
I can’t remember what they called that one. It predates the winter warm, Definitely a Vermont Castings though. They were pretty much a decorative fireplace, no combustion technology from what I remember about them. I’d pass.
Yes, they called it the Fireplace Insert. This looks like the 0044 model. I had mistakenly named the manual file 0044 Winter Warm. The fireplace has thermostatic control and a basic secondary combustion chamber behind the fireback.
Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.10.37 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 9.18.09 AM.png

Last edited:
Could be. I've only looked at a couple used ones when we had a fireplace. I passed on both and have never run one. Personally I'd rather spring for a new $1000 EPA insert if the budget is tight.

Could be. I've only looked at a couple used ones when we had a fireplace. I passed on both and have never run one. Personally I'd rather spring for a new $1000 EPA insert if the budget is tight.
I’d hold out for a high end used stove. I see them pretty often. I only paid $100 for my Freedom Bay.

Ha, you were in the right place at the right time for that one. The OP may not be as lucky. I just looked at northern NJ craigslist and was not impressed with inserts for sale.