Hiding the extra blower cord Regency hi2450 or i2450

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JonH

Feb 15, 2022
Eastern NC
Has anyone done this or know if it's possible to neatly coil/roll up the excess blower cord and tuck it in the fan assembly and only have the length needed pulled out to plug in? My outlet will be nearly touching the backplate of the oversized HI2450 on the right side and I would love to hide the extra cord this way. I'm afraid the answer is no, because I see a lot of long blower cords laying on people's hearths. I had this lightbulb idea to keep it neat. I want to hear other people's experiences or ideas. I'm going to ask my dealer later but I wanted to see what ya'll thought too.

Has anyone done this or know if it's possible to neatly coil/roll up the excess blower cord and tuck it in the fan assembly and only have the length needed pulled out to plug in? My outlet will be nearly touching the backplate of the oversized HI2450 on the right side and I would love to hide the extra cord this way. I'm afraid the answer is no, because I see a lot of long blower cords laying on people's hearths. I had this lightbulb idea to keep it neat. I want to hear other people's experiences or ideas. I'm going to ask my dealer later but I wanted to see what ya'll thought too.
You could just shorten the cord

Reactions: EbS-P
You could just shorten the cord
Oh yeah good idea. I watched a video of a guy on YouTube cleaning the blowers on an i2450 and it looked like it might be enough room in the blower housing for the extra cord, if not I’ll definitely shorten it. I’m ocd and I’m already trying to plan how to make it look clean.

Depending on how ocd you want to go, there's wire mould, adding new receptacles, etc. You're only limited by imagination and code.

Reactions: JonH