High Temperature Ducted Fan used for Pellet Vent Booster?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mhovis

Aug 20, 2022
PA
Does anyone know of a high temperature ducted fan that would work with an extended (4- 90 degree bends) pellet bent booster. I'm having trouble with the draft when temp rises above 40 degrees. Making the vent a larger diameter isn't an option. I'm very surprised that this isn't something that is used commonly to boost a pellet vent draft. Thanks for any advice.

Did you read your manual? I bet your vent pipe is way outside the limits of approved install, probably illegal.
They don't make such an item because with a proper install and properly functioning stove it would never be necessary.
If all this is above you, post make,model of stove, and pictures or drawing of the vent install.

Picture of your venting how long and type and make of your stove,
are you using 3 or 4-inch venting would all be helpful with your problem
Normally 4-90 deg pipes are not recommended Check your installation manual

Did you read your manual? I bet your vent pipe is way outside the limits of approved install, probably illegal.
They don't make such an item because with a proper install and properly functioning stove it would never be necessary.
If all this is above you, post make,model of stove, and pictures or drawing of the vent install.
Thanks for the reply. I did read the manual.

Sorry, you feel that way but we find that full disclosure helps us determine what and if we can help.
I know of no company that sells or makes the fan you are looking for and I don't think it would
be a good idea to add one.
You must have quit a pipe set up to need 4 -90 deg. pipes I know of no manufacturer
that would recommend that many. You must remember that every 90 deg pipe adds approximately
the resistance of 3 ft. of pipe. A photo or drawing of your set-up would help us see what you are up against

Is there any way to remove some of these bends? I am sure a relocation of the stove may not be ideal, but it sounds like it could be necessary.

A sketch or description of what you are dealing with will help a great deal. Unfortunately it seems you may have a setup that will not really work.

The 3" or 4" question is an important one as well, if you have 3", you are likely already at a large disadvantage given your setup.

Here is another way to look at it.

If a stove is not installed properly by following building codes and manufacturers specifications and you have a fire due to the stove. Your insurance company probably will not pay for any damages incurred.