Inline Pellet Vent Booster Fan?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mhovis

Aug 20, 2022
PA
I have a draft problem in my pellet vent when the temp goes over 38 degrees. My vent has three 90 degree bends in it and about 12 feet long. Does anyone know of an online booster fan that will work with pellet vent? Thanks.

There is no such thing as an inline exhaust booster, AFAIK. Your problem is in the vent design . You are restricting the exhaust flow with those elbows. Google pellet vent EVL. You indicated that you have 12’ of total run, but each of the elbows effectively adds another 3’ to your run, so your EVL is closer to 21 feet. To make your vent more efficient, you need to switch to 4” vent.