High winds -

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I burned through Sandy's 80mph and last night's 45 mph gusts. Never smelled smoke in the house.

Ditto! I was actually amazed, and had anticipated having problems that night. My bigger concern was the fire that could result if a big tree coming down on the house, with a stove burning inside. Several big trees did come down, but luckily, none hit the house.

i was born in Decatur, grew up in Clinton til we moved to Ohio in 1986.... small world indeed :)

As a high schooler and in college, we would boat at Clinton Lake in the summer. Always warmed by the power plant.

Reactions: tfdchief
Hay Butcher, Gotta ask how them there goat burgers taste :)
Just like deer. So do the roasts. I sure miss the daz when I could buy goats fer 5 bucks apiece. Now we gots to raise them and feed them ourselvese.

Status
Not open for further replies.