Holes in my Quadrafire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BethelStrong

Dec 12, 2018
Ohio
I like catchy subject lines. I’ve been ad copy writing for 20 years, so I guess that’s it :)

But...

I have those 4 little pencil sized air holes in the back, about 3 or 4 inches off the floor/brick. How would one clean the ash that must accumulate (somewhere) inside? Maybe I’m missing something...

Just vac the little holes? It’s seems it would get it all, but it’s my first stove, first season, so I’m green as can be as far as cleaning my stove deeply.

Pics on demand, but I’m guessing Quadrafire isn’t the only one that has said air holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, just lightly vacuum them out. They are under positive pressure so not much ash should be in them.