Holy crap - is it comming down!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:bug:

Attachments

• PC070360-1.JPG
    PC070360-1.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 397
  • PC090412-2.JPG
    PC090412-2.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 430
where r u located

Whoa Ryan, you win hands down. Thanks for posting the great shots.

Back from my first run plowing and to get a bite to eat
Right now we are past 16" My wife and I (she) tried the snow shoes You know had to have them.

I let lead for a while just around the yard. Virgin mission with her. her " who in their right mind thinks this is fun"
I guess it will be Xcountry skis. There will be slightly used Show shoes on ebay soon

Damn is was tough driving and visability. Snow moved ok, it was hard to see where I was going

To Harry mighty hard to shovel 700' of driveway. We will have over 20" before this one is over

thats how i do it these days. i just walk up my drive, then just hop in my titanium uphoilsterd car, and drive to work.

mtalea said:
where r u located
Allenspark Colorado. I love the snow, so i moved where it falls everyonce awhile. I bet the east coast is beautifull when it snows. I have only been out there once to Maine. And that was a short time for a Jotul dealer meeting. BEAUTIFULL country.

Woke up to a foot of snow and no electricity at 4:25am in Northern Virginia. Plowing is done and I am writing this running on the generator. The UPS's only held out around seven hours.

Attachments

• snow3.JPG
    snow3.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 393
  • snow4.JPG
    snow4.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 396
Now 29" here in Bristol CT

slowing down also but still snowing

just finished the driveway,man that was fun....love using my Ariens 824

19 degrees here with some wind

New England has alot of beautifu spots....none of which are where I live....
But is nice still the same

elkimmeg said:
Right now we are past 16" My wife and I (she) tried the snow shoes You know had to have them.

I let lead for a while just around the yard. Virgin mission with her. her " who in their right mind thinks this is fun"
I guess it will be Xcountry skis. There will be slightly used Show shoes on ebay soon

Damn is was tough driving and visability. Snow moved ok, it was hard to see where I was going

To Harry mighty hard to shovel 700' of driveway. We will have over 20" before this one is over

Tell me about it Elk. 768 foot driveway here. Downhill plows pretty good but coming up is a bear. The plowing was the easy part. All of the little trees bowed over the drive down to the ground on both side are a pain.

elkimmeg said:

OK, here is the snoeshoe advice....the first time or two you go out you have to blaze a path - the snow must be packed for them to work well. The fun part is going up and down steep surfaces (if you have any), because you will not slip. Having a dog with you helps the fun, and also just blazing though the woods....a flat fleld would not be too exciting.

Snowstorm is a joke here about 15 miles north of Springfield, MA. - Just finished shoveling and snowblowing and no more than 6-7" here - and about over.....nothing at all.

It's amazing how localized these coastal storms are - a couple feet along the coast and a couple inches inland.

Wow! I live in Cleveland where we get lake effect snow, but I'm never going to complain again after seeing the snow you guys are getting.

It looked like it was over,so I went out again plowing, got about 12 driveways to do
20 minutes in, complete white out again. The band of heavy snow that got Mtalea and Dylan, moved East and is setting
up shop on us now. Hard to tell but 18/20". lot of blowing still and adding up fast. Its getting hard to put it anywhere,
just rolls back in after you make a pass. Time to Fire up the Backhoe. I wish I fixed the heater in it a while back 17 here

BrotherBart said:
[
Tell me about it Elk. 768 foot driveway here. Downhill plows pretty good but coming up is a bear. The plowing was the easy part. All of the little trees bowed over the drive down to the ground on both side are a pain.

768 feet! Not 767 or 769? Is that from the garage door to where the country owns? As the crow flies or down the center of the lane?

About 80 feet only here!

Finally finished for the night. Tomorrow I will be up just before sunrise to see what I missed. Got a few calls for the Backhoe pushing back piles at a small mall. I guess 20" is close to the final dept here. I saw a lot of broken snowblowers. Never were designed to cut threw 4 plus foot hight piles at the street. My final run I pulled a couple fellow plowers out of being stuck. I keep a 100' cable in my truck, learned this happens to the best of drivers when pushing hard. Had enough excitment for one day I'm beat, good night to all.

We received 24.4 inches officially in town, we measured 26 on top of our hot tub which does not drift due to the fencing around it. We live on top of a hill. Took about 2 hours or so to snowblow our drive, shovel the front walkway, back deck and a path and potty area for the dog. Then we hit the hot tub late in the afternoon when the snow was still coming down but pretty light. Kids had fun getting out of the hot tub to go run into the snow. Figured they'd have fun stories for today but there's no school!!!! Love the Simplicity snowblower I bought hubby as a Christmas gift a few years back. May not have a ton of bells and whistles, but it just eats up that snow without blinking!

12" in Harpers Ferry, WV. Weather guessers are calling for temps in the 50's by Wed. Great, from fluffy white to muddy brown in 2 days.

Webmaster said:
elkimmeg said:

OK, here is the snoeshoe advice....the first time or two you go out you have to blaze a path - the snow must be packed for them to work well. The fun part is going up and down steep surfaces (if you have any), because you will not slip. Having a dog with you helps the fun, and also just blazing though the woods....a flat fleld would not be too exciting.

Snowstorm is a joke here about 15 miles north of Springfield, MA. - Just finished shoveling and snowblowing and no more than 6-7" here - and about over.....nothing at all.

It's amazing how localized these coastal storms are - a couple feet along the coast and a couple inches inland.

I'll say! 15 miles East/southeast of spfld here, 16 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.