holz hausen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burd

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Feb 29, 2008
Bell bell Pa.
My wife andI just bought a new Insert and we love it. It s getting to the end of winter and Im out of seasoned wood I have nothing left to keep warm except the outragus Oil. I have alot of oak trees in the area but i have nothing split. My Question is If i start splitting this oak Tommorow and staked it in the holz hausen well it be seasoned enough for next year and does the holz hausen really work

Results will vary from place to place, but the typical MINIMUM for oak should be a full 12 mo. or more (2 years on oak makes it a gift from the heavens).

I think the overall feeling of a HH, is that they work AS well as standard stacking, but it can be used to maximize storage space. Meaning that you can get a lot more wood in a given area. I have not seen or heard that they will actually speed up the seasoning process or if they do, it is very minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.