homdox 52 chainsaw 20in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Leckbass

Sep 22, 2017
NJ
I'm going to help my buddy at a cabin upstate. We need to clear some trees and cut firewood. We are both going to be flying in and have someone pick us up. He wants to buy a chainsaw that he could ship there and leave there, we will use it for a few days then winterize until next summer. I have the Poulan Pro 50 that's okay. He doesn't want to spend much money. He was thinking about a homdox 52. Anybody have experience with that?

No expierence with them I was just wondering the price as to what it would cost for one compared to a name brand saw being as you guys will be far from any civilization cheap saws may not out last a good saw you wouldn’t wanna be up there and have the saws not be working or need parts or something as a pose to a stihl or something that You know is gunna perform well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had my experience with Polan saws that’s all I used to cut my wood with and every year I had one problem or another bought a good stihl saw and every time I pull that saw out to cut it fires up and never gives me a problem been 2 years now and couldn’t imagine going back to a cheaper saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy
For $90 I'd ship two

Flying in... [EDIT- Removed irrelevant content, sorry.] Get two and take the chance- the PoulanPro 50 will stand gard if needed.

Last edited:
Here is a comparison between Stihl and Homdox. The Homdox in the 1st video does not appear to have a brake. The one on EBay and the 2nd video has a brake

Thanks for the feedback and the videos. In the first video, I'm no expert by any means, but it seem like it ran good. It looks like in the second video it ran pretty good for the kid as well.

I was hoping to hear some feedback if anybody on the site has bought one and used it. Naturally, I'm not comparing it to a Stihl or Husqvarna or etc..?

Just cleaning up some Fallen trees and some quad roads at a remote cabin.

Reactions: VirginiaIron
Two saws , is good advise !

Maybe I should just recommend he picks up an electric chainsaw, clear around the cabin for now, then bring up the good chainsaw to clear the snowmobile roads at a later time

Maybe I should just recommend he picks up an electric chainsaw, clear around the cabin for now, then bring up the good chainsaw to clear the snowmobile roads at a later time
I have not seen anything indicating they are junk. An electric is good to have anyway and at this cost I don't think either would hurt you all. The unfortunate thing would be getting any rig there that wasn't first tested to work properly since the reviews are all the board on most manufacturers. If he feels better about it, get a smaller gas saw from a trusted brand.

Last edited:
He doesn't want to spend much money

_g Hmmmm. Has a remote cabin in the woods. Takes a plane to get there.........
Wants to buy a knockoff saw? No offense. But, really?

I know nothing of this gent. I'd say the extra jingle spent on a decent saw seems rather minute in the apparent big picture! Either way have fun at camp!

Reactions: TreePointer
_g Hmmmm. Has a remote cabin in the woods. Takes a plane to get there.........
Wants to buy a knockoff saw? No offense. But, really?

I know nothing of this gent. I'd say the extra jingle spent on a decent saw seems rather minute in the apparent big picture! Either way have fun at camp!

I think you're overanalyzing this. There is no big picture, it's a tiny Cabin in the Woods. There are few trees that fell around it this fall.

Flying in because it's a 14 hour drive and we have a couple days off. Don't want to drop a ton of dough on a saw that's going to be left in the woods unsupervised for 11 months out of the year.