Home Depot / Lowes Inventory Status

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do what I do and just rip a pallet open at HD/Lowes and buy a few bags. Unless there's a sign on a sealed pallet saying it's already sold or "DO NOT OPEN", I rip them open at will ;)

I don't know how a pellet manufacturer can say their wood pellets are "premium grade" or "super premium grade" unless they are meeting some sort of defined standard set forth by an independent 3rd party (such as PFI). Whether the pellet is PFI rated or not shouldn't matter, if specs are listed on the bag somewhere (i.e. ash, fines, moisture content), or the pellet claims to be PFI premium grade, then you can prove whether or not those specs are true based on your own in-home testing. If the specs are incorrect, the pellet produces more than 1% ash or are loaded with moisture, then claiming the pellet to be "premium grade" is false advertisement, and grounds to pursue a return/reimbursement from the pellet vendor and/or manufacturer.

Any of the Lowes in Southeastern MA have any pellets for
good prices or are they all sold out?

Raynham, Bridgewaters, Weymouth?
I could call but I'm lazy plus I figure maybe
others wanna know too.

Made a few calls since nobody replied here.

Local Lowes still has pellets but asking $5.97 a bag.

Hi Jay. Same price at the Lowes I called but the pellets
in stock were Infernos. For that price they can
pour milk on em and feed em to the employees
for breakfast. :coolgrin:

Xena said:

:cheese:

Xena said:

Ouch, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, not even a big box employee.

Was at Lowes in Epping yesterday and they had Infernos for $4.98

Dougsey said:
Was at Lowes in Epping yesterday and they had Infernos for $4.98

Did they come with a barrel, gasoline, and a match?

Any information on the availability of the Pres-to-log compressed log in SE Pennsylvania?
Looking for dealers and approx. prices for a pallet.
What should I be looking for prior to purchase?
Recently had a Hearthstone Clydesdale wood-burning insert installed.

docmackie said:
Any information on the availability of the Pres-to-log compressed log in SE Pennsylvania?
Looking for dealers and approx. prices for a pallet.
What should I be looking for prior to purchase?
Recently had a Hearthstone Clydesdale wood-burning insert installed.

You need to put this in the correct forum (The Hearth Room)....this forum is for wood pellets/corn burning stoves......maybe a mod can move it.

You could contact Lignetics (who make the Presto-logs) and find a dealer:

www.lignetics.com/find-a-dealer.html

Hello

After pointing out to Lowe’s Corporate how close Salem NH Home Depot was to the Lowe's Salem NH store and HD's wood pellet price, Lowes had a change of heart on their price! I think it is because they really want to sell their Green Supreme New England wood pellets in the clear bags.

Enjoy Everyone while they last!!! Now the every day low price tag really is correct!!!

1st pic - Price on 8/3/2011—$5.97 per bag !!!

2nd pic - Price on 8/20/2011—$3.94 per bag !!!

Attachments

• LowesNWPsGS08032011sc (3).jpg
    LowesNWPsGS08032011sc (3).jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,215
  • LowesNWPsGS08202011sc.jpg
    LowesNWPsGS08202011sc.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 1,238
Victory! How are those pellets? I only bought 20 bags because I have heard better things about mwp, stove chow and green team.

Hi everyone, hope you guys enjoyed the summer? any way just stoped by my local HD and they have Stove chow for 197 a ton.

I'm gonna bite soon. The Plainville/Southington Lowes has greene supreme, North american pellets and maines choice for 197.... home depot has the un named brand that just says Premium Wood Pellets..white bag with the pic of the wood stove... not sure which ones to grab... any help? Home depot in West Hartford has stove chow for 197...wish it was closer..

Ddubs77 said:
I'm gonna bite soon. The Plainville/Southington Lowes has greene supreme, North american pellets and maines choice for 197.... home depot has the un named brand that just says Premium Wood Pellets..white bag with the pic of the wood stove... not sure which ones to grab... any help? Home depot in West Hartford has stove chow for 197...wish it was closer..

That brand would be Maine Wood pellets(MWP) in the box store bag.

Picked up 2 tons of stove chow last weekend at home depot in Montville. They had about 15 more that I saw. $197 ton

That brand would be Maine Wood pellets(MWP) in the box store bag.
Better than Green Supreme? I plan on grabbing a ton of either green supreme/north american/maines choice or Maine wood pellets.....and a ton of stove chow

Home Depot in Smithfield, R.I. has MWP for $197. I drove in the back to check their inventory. They have about 10 ton wrapped in green with the cabin on the bag and another 20 or so tons wrapped in white wtih the
stove on the bag. I ordered 5 ton and off i went.

The Home Depots around me have Maine's Choice and the Lowes have Stove Chow. Both are 3.94 per bag or 197 per ton. I like the price but I'm hesitant to buy anything in bulk since this is my first year with the P61A. Anyone have any bad experiences with any pellets in the P61A?

It will eat whatever you feed it.

The question comes down to how often do you want to clean it? I have had better luck in my P68 with good softwood pellets (Vermont, Okanagan), but rest assured, if you fill the hopper, it will make heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.